Nutritious and easy family dinner ideas from HAPARI
Are you in need of a nutritious, easy and delicious dinner idea for the family tonight? Try this one-pan pasta courtesy of Martha Stewart Living. How, you ask, can a pasta this delicious be cooked in one pan?! That would make the cleanup, well, easy. Believe it, ladies and gents! This pasta is so simple even I can make it. In fact, it’s become a staple at my house. The kids love how it tastes and I love how easy it is to clean up. A recipe that hits those two marks is a win-win in my book!
Give it a try for dinner tonight, and let us know what you think!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated (approx. 9 minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide among 4 bowls, and garnish with basil. Serve with oil and Parmesan.
At HAPARI, we love sharing our favorite recipes with our community. If you have a favorite dish you’d like to share please comment below; we’d love to try it!
For more posts like this, check out the HAPARI blog We’re like your favorite lifestyle blog but better!