Looking for a scrumptious (and easy) new recipe to try with this Thanksgiving? We recently made these yummy to-die-for spinach artichoke cups and knew we had to share these with our favorite people – YOU, our Hapari community!
These tasty little morsels are easy to make, relatively healthy (hey, there is spinach in there!) and can add a welcome variety to your Thanksgiving meal plans.
Spinach Artichoke Cups
Ingredients | yields 4 dozen bites
- 2 tubes (13.8 oz) of Pillsbury crescent roll dough
- 1 (8 oz.) package softened cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained or 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- shredded mozzarella (optional, though in my opinion completely necessary)
- 2 teaspoons basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
Lightly spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Place Pillsbury crescent dough onto lightly floured cutting board. Roll dough into 12×8-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 even squares. Place 1 square in each muffin cup, gently pressing dough in bottom and up side of each cup.
In 3-quart saucepan, heat olive oil. Add spinach; cook and stir thoroughly. Add artichokes and cream cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in pesto and parmesan. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop 1 cup of filling into each dough-filled muffin cups.
Viola! Delicious Spinach Artichoke bites! Perfect for a new twist to Thanksgiving dinner or as an appetizer for you and your family. Enjoy!
Want more delicious recipes like this one? Be sure to follow the Hapari blog! We also recommend reading these scrumptious articles on some of our favorites dishes: Spooktacular Halloween Recipes, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookes, Fall Recipes!