The basic recipe for a DIY Sugar Scrub Recipe goes as follows...
Use 2 parts sugar (regular white or brown sugar work great) to 1 part oil (almond, olive and coconut are great), add 1/2 tsp Vitamin E oil (or the gel from a few capsules), add other optional ingredients, and mix well.
WellnessMamma.com Shares their favorites!
- Pumpkin Pie Scrub: 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spices (or just 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub: 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/2 tspVitamin E oil and 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- Lemon Hand Scrub (for after washing dishes): 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil, 15-20 drops (or more) of lemon or orange essential oil
- Vanilla Lavender Relaxing Facial Scrub: 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/2 tsp Vitamin E oil, 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract and 15 drops lavender essential oil
Grits & Moxie's Website also offers a great reference...
- 1/2 cup organic sugar (or regular white...whatever floats your boat)
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T honey
You'll also need: Clean container with lid & Clean stirring utensil
- Measure out olive oil and honey into clean container. I suggest measuring the olive oil first since it helps to keep the honey from sticking to the spoon.
- Add sugar.