Who doesn’t love a good sugar scrub? You can us it on your lips, feet, hands (not necessarily at the same time) and it rejuvenates the skin from a day/week/month/year of rough summer elements. Our skin gets dry from time to time no matter how much water we drink or how much lotion we use and something stronger is needed to do the job. Sugar scrubs are easy, natural and cost effective alternatives to buying the store brand alternatives. Easy as can be, here are some of the best, and most creative, recipes to DIY Sugar Scrub…
The basic recipe for a DIY Sugar Scrub Recipe goes as follows…
Use 2 parts sugar (regular white or brown sugar work great) to 1 part oil (almond, olive and coconut are great), add 1/2 tsp Vitamin E oil (or the gel from a few capsules), add other optional ingredients, and mix well.
WellnessMamma.com Shares their favorites!
- Pumpkin Pie Scrub: 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spices (or just 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub: 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/2 tspVitamin E oil and 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- Lemon Hand Scrub (for after washing dishes): 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil, 15-20 drops (or more) of lemon or orange essential oil
- Vanilla Lavender Relaxing Facial Scrub: 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/2 tsp Vitamin E oil, 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract and 15 drops lavender essential oil
Grits & Moxie‘s Website also offers a great reference…
- 1/2 cup organic sugar (or regular white…whatever floats your boat)
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T honey
You’ll also need: Clean container with lid & Clean stirring utensil
- Measure out olive oil and honey into clean container. I suggest measuring the olive oil first since it helps to keep the honey from sticking to the spoon.
- Add sugar.