Celebrate America’s independence day with your friends and family this weekend!
July 4th is one of my favorite holidays; the fireworks, delicious food, and fun outdoors activities in the summer are memories that last a lifetime! To help you kick off your holiday weekend, we’ve created a list of fun ideas to kick off your family’s celebration!
Check it out!
Traditional 4th Of July Activities
Wake up early and catch a local parade! It’s a great way to connect with your community and neighbors. Many cities host their own parades. Stake out your seat and beat the heat with an early 4th of July event. My neighborhood actually hosts a mini-parade down our street. Why not plan something like this with your neighbors? All the kids in the area get to be featured and walk in the parade!
Not feeling like a parade? Why not plan a fun, outdoors adventure? Go for a hike. Go for an afternoon run. Kayak in a lake. Play tennis. Walk around the local shopping area. Catch a baseball game. Outdoors adventures are the best kind of adventures!
Catch a firework show
This is a given – catch a firework show! Depending on where you live, there many be different awesome opportunities to watch fireworks. Whether you catch a show at your local park, have a boating parade or decide to do your own fireworks at home, watching fireworks on the 4th of July is a MUST do!
Why not roast some marshmallows over the fire?It’s the perfect atmosphere to check out fireworks and eat yummy desserts. Add chocolate and graham crackers to make the perfect s’more. Or, want to roast something unique? Try putting a pizza roll on a stick and roasting it – delicious! 🙂
End the night with a backyard sleepover! Set up a tent or let the kiddos sleep outside in the backyard. They will love it, and you’ll create an awesome family memory for years to come. Be sure to make sure the area is safe. Also, watch for bug and make sure to spray the kiddos to avoid nasty bites.
We hope these ideas inspire you to have a fantastic 4th of July celebration. While we encourage you to party it up, it’s always important to follow general safety guidelines. Check out these top rules to follow and review with your family – they’re great reminders for the kiddos!
Tips to Stay Safe this July 4th
- Always make sure fireworks are lit with an adult nearby. Make sure you’re a safe distance away from the firework when lighting. Also, make sure you have water nearby in case you need to extinguish a flame quickly.
- Do not light fireworks near dry grass or brush. Hot temperatures, dry plants, and fireworks can spell disaster quickly.
- Drink enough water. While the 4th is a full day celebration, make sure you’re staying fully hydrated throughout the day.
- Be careful around pools and lakes. Many times family and friends have pool parties or gather at the lake. Be sure to be aware of your surroundings and remember, safety first.If you consume alcohol, do so in a safe environment. Never drink and drive; call an Uber – it’s easy and cheap (a lot cheaper than a DUI!)
- Be careful when grilling. Watch young children around open flames, and keep an eye out for any gas leaks.
- Never try to make your own fireworks. Not a good idea.
- Keep a fire extinguisher near by in case of grease fires, firework sparks, or any other emergencies.
- Wear sunscreen. Make sure your kids wear sunscreen. Reapply every 3 hours.
Lastly, HAVE FUN!
Happy 4th of July from HAPARI! We hope you have a fantastic day!
For more posts like this, check out the Hapari blog. We’re like your favorite lifestyle blog but better – mostly because we follow the Hapari code of great quality and content. See you there!