Our Best Brunch Recipes
Best Brunch Recipes: Peanut Butter and Jelly Cinnamon Rolls, Belgium Waffles, and Breakfast Nachos
Today we’re sharing the most delicious, scrumptious, and nom-nom-nom-tastic meal ideas to make for brunch. From common brunch go-tos like belgian waffles to lesser known dishes like peanut butter and jelly cinnamon rolls, we’ve curated a recipe list to make all your wildest brunch dreams come true. Recipes that taste as good as these certainly are dream-worthy. It’s almost the weekend (hallelujah!) so grab your best gal pals and make these delicious brunch recipes. (Image: Spoon University)
Reader’s Fave Belgian Waffles
We’re excited to start our list of yummy recipes with a classic brunch go-to: Belgian Waffles! This recipe comes to us from Food.com and was voted the most delicious Belgian Waffle recipe. With that much backing and clout, we know you’re going to love this scrumdiddlyumptious recipe. Make these crunchy, light, and fluffy waffles now! (Image: Food)
Check out the recipe and ingredients below.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄ 2 cup oil
- 2cups milk
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Separate the eggs.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Mix together the egg yolks, milk and oil and stir slightly.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cinnamon Rolls
If you’re looking for standard brunch menu items, this recipe is not for you. If you’re a PB and J lover and are looking for a way to seamlessly incorporate the lunch staple into brunch, this recipe is perfect for you! Fair warning, this recipe isn’t the easiest to make and it’s also not the healthiest; anything that combines cinnamon roll with peanut butter and jelly should put up warning signs. Eat this tasty morsels carefully! However, this treat is a tasty one (everything in moderation, right?) and a great one to enjoy making with your best friends. (Image: Bakerita)
Check out the recipe and ingredients via Bakerita below.
For the dough
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 .25-oz. package instant yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
For the filling
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup jam, flavor of choice
For the frosting
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoon heavy cream
For the rolls
- Heat milk in a small saucepan. Mix in butter.
- In large mixing bowl, combine 2¼ cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add water, egg and milk mixture; beat well. Add remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Place dough into a well-oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for about 2 hours, until doubled in size. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Roll out dough into a 12×9″ rectangle and spread with peanut butter mixture, then jam. Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 rolls and place cut side up in a greased greased 9×13″ dish. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake 30 minutes. (You may need to tent with foil around 20 minutes to keep the rolls from getting too browned.) Let cool about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, make frosting.
For the frosting
- Cream together cream cheese and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons heavy cream. Beat until completely smooth. Add more heavy cream if you want a thinner consistency. Spread on baked rolls.
Baked Breakfast Nachos
Remember being a kid and everything had such intense flavors? When we’re young our tastebuds are more sensitive to distinct tastes and flavors; that’s why most kiddos love rather bland foods like macaroni and cheese, apple sauce, and Cheerios. As we get older our taste buds change and we may start craving intense tastes like the spicy flavorings found on the Baked Breakfast Nachos. This delicious recipe has just the right amount of punchy spice to heat up your brunch menu. The best part about this recipe is that it’s easy and simple to make! (Image: Delish)
Check out the recipe and ingredients via Delish below.
- 2 jars salsa Verde (11 oz. each)
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 bag shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 bag Tortilla chips
- 1 tbsp. tbsp oil
- 3 to 4 eggs
- Torn cilantro
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix 1 jar salsa and the chicken broth in a saucepan, bringing it to a boil over medium-high heat. Let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove the saucepan from heat and add the cheese, stirring until melted (it won’t combine into a smooth sauce; that’s fine).
- Place the tortilla chips in an oven-safe dish and pour the sauce on top. Sprinkle on a handful of cheese, then place in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once you’re halfway through cooking, heat the oil in a saute pan and cook the eggs, two at a time, until the whites have set but the yolk is still runny. Slide the eggs onto the cooked tortilla mixture. Crack open the second salsa jar and spoon on a little extra salsa and torn cilantro. Spoon on sour cream, if desired.
For more posts like this, check out the HAPARI Blog. We’re like your favorite lifestyle blog, but better – mostly because we follow the HAPARI code of creating quality content you want to read. See you there!